Continual Professional Development Facilitators, Band 5
- Continual Professional Development Facilitator
- Band 5
- 6 months (Fixed Term until the end of March 2023)
- Part time
- £25,655 - £31,534 pro rata
- 11/08/2022 23:59
Join us at an exciting time for Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust! We have recently been awarded an improved CQC rating of Good and are proud of what we’ve achieved. We have an ambitious plan for our journey to Outstanding and are looking for aspirational, committed individuals to join us, making a real difference to both staff and patients.
As a former winner of England for excellence award: Tourism destination of the year, the beautiful city of Gloucester and the scenic regency spa town of Cheltenham are fantastic places to work and live.
As a hospital Trust we are currently involved in over 100 clinical trials and studies, whilst also providing acute elective and specialist services to a population of over 620,000.
By joining Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust new colleagues can look forward to a warm welcome and a future full of opportunities and support.
Band 5 Continual Professional Development Facilitator
Do you enjoy supporting staff in the workplace to deliver Best Care for Everyone? Are you looking to develop your teaching and facilitation skills, to provide Continual Professional Development opportunities, for individuals and teams?
We are looking for clinically competent nurses to work across a range of specialities to facilitate formal and informal teaching, and be motivated and passionate about supporting registrants using practice development principles.
You will have the support of an already established Practice Development Team and we will offer you a structured induction and a supernumerary period that is tailored to you, allowing you to professionally develop, and contribute to the Positive Practice Environment.
Main duties of the job
You will enjoy communicating with others, and demonstrate a flair for being person-centered. You will be able to work within a team, and show initiative when working independently, providing Continual Professional Development in the workplace, and supporting the Pathway to Excellence © Standards.
You will be enthusiastic and committed to Shared Professional Decision-Making Councils, and support evidence-based practice and the implementation of a Professional Practice Model Framework.
Experienced Practice Development Nurses will support you in practice, to develop your leadership and facilitation skills, and enhance your understanding of how practice development can help support individuals in practice to flourish.
Working for our organisation
In addition, you will have the unique opportunity to build relationship and network with colleagues from various specialities, working in partnership with a key range of stakeholders to embed professional inquiry into practice settings.
We are looking for very special people and if you want to join a super, forward-thinking team to provide outstanding evidence based researched care through supportive CPD activities, please contact Beverley Jones Beverley.Jones7@nhs.net
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
- To support the Band 6 and 7 Practice Development Nurses, working alongside the Ward Manager to develop orientation and induction packages for registrants, and support the ongoing Continual Professional Development needs of Nursing and Midwifery Staff.
- To act as a resource for Registered Nurses requiring advice to support and participate in the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of high-quality nursing care.
- Qualified Nurse with current registration status with the Nursing and Midwifery Council and able to meet the revalidation requirements.
- To have knowledge and understanding to be able to act as a resource and support the nursing team to provide high quality, evidence based care
- Has relevant knowledge to be able to assist with the co-ordination of staff training to ensure a high professional standard in all aspects of patient care.
- To have relevant knowledge and experience to act as a resource to provide the nursing team with professional development and education in consultation with the Dept Matron and Band 6 Practice Development Nurse
- To work effectively as a member of a multidisciplinary team
- Relevant nursing experience in an acute hospital setting
- Recognised Nursing Degree
- Organisational, line management, interpersonal and leadership skills.
- A willingness to develop knowledge and skill is essential
- An ability to perform clinical skills with dexterity
- Knowledge of clinical governance, policy and procedure
- An understanding of evidence based practice and ability to apply theory to practice, utilising a range of teaching skills
- Active registration with the NMC as a Registered Nurse
- Evidence of ongoing professional development through maintenance of a professional portfolio, registration revalidation & commitment to lifelong learning
- Recognised Nursing Degree or equivalent qualification
- Recognised teaching qualification
- Experience of working in an acute clinical environment
- Previous experience in Practice Development or Nursing Education
- Evidence of delivering CPD using evidence-based practice
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Acts as a role model and are able to lead by example to ensure the Trust’s values and behaviours are reinforced throughout their area of practice
- Passion for teaching, education and practice development
- Demonstrates commitment to research based practice and clinical excellence and plays an active part in the introduction of research based change to improve patient centred care
- Work with enthusiasm and genuine interest within the multidisciplinary team
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of Safeguarding policies and procedures.
- Understand and be committed to good record keeping using the Trusts electronic and paper methods
- Display a caring attitude to patients, their relatives, colleagues and themselves in a stressful environment
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (Amendment) (England and Wales) Order 2020 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Beverley Jones
- Job title
- Lead Nurse- Continual Professional Development
- Email address