Registered Nurse - Band 5 Stroke + 7% RRP
- Stroke / Neurology
- Band 5
- Full time - 37.5 hours per week (Fully Rotational Shifts)
- £24,907 - £30,615 pa pro rata
- 14/12/2022 23:59
Join us at an exciting time for Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust! We have recently been awarded an improved CQC rating of Good and are proud of what we’ve achieved. We have an ambitious plan for our journey to Outstanding and are looking for aspirational, committed individuals to join us, making a real difference to both staff and patients.
As a former winner of England for excellence award: Tourism destination of the year, the beautiful city of Gloucester and the scenic regency spa town of Cheltenham are fantastic places to work and live.
As a hospital Trust we are currently involved in over 100 clinical trials and studies, whilst also providing acute elective and specialist services to a population of over 620,000.
By joining Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust new colleagues can look forward to a warm welcome and a future full of opportunities and support.
Woodmancote Ward is a 32 bedded acute stroke unit at CGH specialising in the care of patients who have suffered a stroke once they are stable enough to step down from the Hyper Acute Stroke Unit (HASU) at GRH.
We offer exciting training opportunities and have a dedicated practice development team to support and develop your career.
We offer rotation across the 2 stroke units to increase you skills, knowledge and confidence in this speciality.
We can also arrange a rotation with other specialities within the medical division.
Stroke care has an exciting future and at GHNHSFT we work within a supportive, cohesive and patient-centred multidisciplinary team. If you would like to work with us we would love to hear from you.
Main duties of the job
- Hold current NMC PIN registration and adhere to the NMC Codes of Conduct at all times.
- Have a person centred ethos, showing compassion, empathy and a desire to make a difference
- Have the ability to motivate, support and supervise a team
- Be able to demonstrate initiative and creativity
- Be flexible and adaptable, well organised and able to manage time and workload effectively in line with the needs of the service
- Have a desire to expand your professional development and support organisational change
Working for our organisation
We would be delighted to speak to you if you are keen to join our compassionate, friendly nursing team that strives for excellent care in order to deliver our ‘Journey to Outstanding’. We provide many benefits such a generous annual leave and an excellent pension scheme.
We aim to recruit the best staff and that is why we have taken the bold decision to award a Recruitment and Retention Premium for our nursing staff within Stroke, paying 7% on top of your basic salary (up to £1,972 per annum).
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
In line with the Trust Vision to provide the “Best Care for Everyone…”
- To identify care needs of patients, planning and implementing nursing interventions and evaluating outcomes of care given
- To ensure high standards of evidence based nursing care are delivered consistently
- To administer drugs and check preparations in accordance with Company policy and NMC guidelines.
- To communicate information accurately on patient care to the patient, families, internal and external professionals, whilst maintaining confidentiality and adhering to the principles of Information Governance
- To report and record incident and accidents in accordance with policy and procedures
- To assist in the induction, development and supervision of, new and junior staff members, as required.
- Active registration with the NMC as a Registered Nurse
- Recent experience (through placement or employment) of working in an acute clinical environment
- Experience working specifically within Stroke
- Clear communication skills and reflection on role as Registered Nurse
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (Amendment) (England and Wales) Order 2020 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Helen Brooke
- Job title
- Senior Sister, Woodmancote
- Email address
- Telephone number
- 0300 422 4475