- Consultant Rheumatologist
- Full time
- Part time
- Job share
- Flexible working
- Gloucestershire Hospitals NHSFT
- £84,559 - £114,003 Per annum
- 22/09/2022 23:59
Join us at an exciting time for Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust! We have recently been awarded an improved CQC rating of Good and are proud of what we’ve achieved. We have an ambitious plan for our journey to Outstanding and are looking for aspirational, committed individuals to join us, making a real difference to both staff and patients.
As a former winner of England for excellence award: Tourism destination of the year, the beautiful city of Gloucester and the scenic regency spa town of Cheltenham are fantastic places to work and live.
As a hospital Trust we are currently involved in over 100 clinical trials and studies, whilst also providing acute elective and specialist services to a population of over 620,000.
By joining Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust new colleagues can look forward to a warm welcome and a future full of opportunities and support.
The Trust provides a comprehensive Rheumatology service in Gloucestershire. The services are currently led by five consultants who are employed by Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust and provide outpatient clinics at Gloucestershire Royal Hospital and Cheltenham General Hospital, with outreach clinics held in Tewkesbury, Stroud, Dursley, Bourton-on-the-Water, Moreton-in-Marsh, Lydney and The Dilke Hospital. A further rheumatologist is employed by Great Western Hospitals NHS Trust and provides outpatient clinics on behalf of Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust at Cirencester Hospital.
Main duties of the job
As a senior employee of the Trust the post-holder will work in close co-operation with, and support other clinical, medical professional and managerial colleagues in providing high quality healthcare to the Trust’s patients.
Integral to the responsibilities of the post are the following requirements:-
- To ensure the provision of a first class clinical service
- To provide effective leadership to all staff engaged in the specialty
- To sustain and develop teaching and research wherever appropriate
- To undertake all work in accordance with the Trust’s procedures and operating policies
- To conduct clinical practice in accordance with contractual requirements and within the parameters of the Trust’s and Division’s service plans
- To maintain the confidence of business plans and development strategies formulated for the specialty, the Medical Division or the Trust
Working for our organisation
Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust is one of the largest providers of secondary care services in the UK. We provide a full range of acute, subacute and chronic disease management services. We are closely integrated with our colleagues in Gloucestershire Health and Care NHS Foundation Trust and primary care.
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
Brief discription is mentioned above. For detailed job description and main responsibilities, Please see the attached Job Discription & Personal Specification document.
- Full General Medical Council registration and a licence to practise
- Clinical training and experience equivalent to that required for gaining UK CCT/CCST in Rheumatology
- Ability to take full and independent responsibility for clinical care of patients.
- Experience in devising, conducting and applying audit results
- Willing and able to work with colleagues in management, nursing and other specialities to ensure the delivery of a high quality, safe and reliable service
- Must have an interest in teaching all grades of hospital and professional staff
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (Amendment) (England and Wales) Order 2020 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Dr Hillary Johnson
- Job title
- Consultant Rheumatologist
- Email address
- Telephone number