Specialist Home Enteral Feed Dietitian - Band 6
- Home Enteral Feeding Team with Nutrition & Dietetics
- Full time - 37.5 hours per week
- Gloucestershire Royal Hospital
- £32,306 - £39,027 pa
- 30/12/2021 23:59
Join us at an exciting time for Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust! We have recently been awarded an improved CQC rating of Good and are proud of what we’ve achieved. We have an ambitious plan for our journey to Outstanding and are looking for aspirational, committed individuals to join us, making a real difference to both staff and patients.
As a former winner of England for excellence award: Tourism destination of the year, the beautiful city of Gloucester and the scenic regency spa town of Cheltenham are fantastic places to work and live.
As a hospital Trust we are currently involved in over 100 clinical trials and studies, whilst also providing acute elective and specialist services to a population of over 620,000.
By joining Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust new colleagues can look forward to a warm welcome and a future full of opportunities and support.
Band 6 Specialist Home Enteral Feeding Dietitian
An exciting and excellent opportunity has arisen within the Home Enteral Feed Team (HEFT) at Gloucestershire Royal Hospital for an enthusiastic and proactive Dietitian.
This job opportunity would be suitable for a Dietitian with experience of enteral feeding and nutrition support, wanting to further develop their experience and knowledge to become a specialist in this field.
Full time hours are available but part-time would be considered for the right candidate. Flexible working also considered.
Main duties of the job
The successful applicant will have an exciting and challenging caseload in the community. As well as seeing patients in their own homes, you will also be required to see patients on site, in care homes, education venues and respite centres.
You should be able to demonstrate the ability to work within a changing environment, have good communication skills and provide evidence of ongoing professional development relevant to this post.
A BSc Hons degree in Dietetics or equivalent is essential as is State Registration. A driving licence and access to a vehicle are also essential as this post covers a large geographical rural area.
Working for our organisation
You will join an award winning, busy, energetic, friendly and growing team of Specialist Dietitians, Enteral Nutrition Nurse Specialists, Dietetic Support Workers, Dietetic Assistant Practitioners and Administration & Clerical staff. You will have the support of both an experienced Dietetic Team Leader and Team Manager.
The team is based at Gloucestershire Royal Hospital, but covers a countywide service and sits within a bustling and friendly Nutrition and Dietetic Department. The successful post holder would be based at Gloucestershire Royal Hospital, but will be mobile for several of your working hours and home working is encouraged where appropriate.
The department has excellent mobile computer facilities and we encourage the use of the flexible working system in place.
Reasonably priced hospital accommodation may be available.
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
To work as a member of the County wide Home Enteral Feeding Team service (HEFT); providing, coordinating, developing and auditing/evaluating evidence based dietetic care to patients with complex medical and nutritional needs requiring enteral nutrition support in the community.
To work effectively alongside other health professionals as part of a multi-disciplinary team (MDT).
Qualifications / Experience
- Degree/post graduate diploma in Nutrition and Dietetics
- Registered with the Health Professions Council
- Extensive post registration experience with experience of nutrition support and enteral feeding
- Specialist clinical knowledge around enteral feeding
- Commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults
- Develop and deliver training materials to a variety of audiences
- Undertake clinical supervision of junior staff and students
- Hold a valid driving license and access to a road worthy vehicle during office hours
- Use of software packages including Word, Excel, nutritional assessment packages, statistical packages
- Experience of developing and implementing policies, procedures and risk assessments
- Understanding of Nasogastric and Gastrostomy tubes and knowledge of stoma care
- Post registration training in enteral feeding (e.g. British Dietetic Association accredited course).
- Experience of audit and research
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (Amendment) (England and Wales) Order 2020 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Laura-Marie Baldwin
- Job title
- Lead for Adult Dietitians
- Email address