GPAU Ward Administrator - Band 2
- Priority Assessment Unit
- Band 2
- Part time - 24 hours per week
- Gloucestershire Royal Hospital
- £18,546 - £19,918 pa pro rata
- Today at 23:59
Join us at an exciting time for Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust! We have recently been awarded an improved CQC rating of Good and are proud of what we’ve achieved. We have an ambitious plan for our journey to Outstanding and are looking for aspirational, committed individuals to join us, making a real difference to both staff and patients.
As a former winner of England for excellence award: Tourism destination of the year, the beautiful city of Gloucester and the scenic regency spa town of Cheltenham are fantastic places to work and live.
As a hospital Trust we are currently involved in over 100 clinical trials and studies, whilst also providing acute elective and specialist services to a population of over 620,000.
By joining Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust new colleagues can look forward to a warm welcome and a future full of opportunities and support.
GPAU ward administrator is an exciting new role in our Gloucestershire priority assessment unit. The selected candidate will be in charge of administration on GPAU and will provide a comprehensive clerical and administrative service to the ward team. GPAU is a fast paced ward with an excellent team of doctors, nurses, physician associates and health care assistants working hard every day to ensure all our patients receive the best level of care. If you are looking for an exciting opportunity to work in a busy hospital and to work as part of our NHS, if you have administrative experience and are a hard worker, then we want to meet you as this could be the perfect job for you.
We have 1 part time positions available (24 hours per week)
Tuesday – 1500-2100
Thursday – OFF
Friday – 0900-1500
Saturday – 0900 – 1500
Sunday – OFF
Tuesday – 1500-2100
Thursday – OFF
Friday – OFF
Saturday – OFF
Sunday – 0900-1500
Main duties of the job
We are looking for an enthusiastic and experienced administrator to work on Gloucestershire priority assessment unit at Gloucester hospital. Your main duty will be to provide outstanding administrative assistance to the clinical team and ensure documentation, filing and other clerical duties are completed to the highest standard.
Working for our organisation
GPAU is a new exciting area at Gloucester hospital which see’s patients referred on from other health care professionals. We are looking for someone to work as part of the team to cover administrative duties whilst working alongside our nurses and doctors to provide the best care for our patients.
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
- Typing of letters, reports etc., as required.
- Answering the telephone, taking messages and helping with enquiries.
- Maintaining ward diary.
- Relaying information to external staff by telephone, letter and email.
- Contacting patients’ relatives.
- Checking emails daily and printing off as necessary.
- Checking that stationary supplies are adequately stocked and ordering when necessary via the computer ordering system.
- Requesting and sending patients’ notes and discharge summaries as required.
- Booking taxis, ambulances and hospital transport for patients.
• Taking specimens to Reception, checking collection.
- Contacting the Estates Department to carry out repairs, checking work has been undertaken to satisfaction.
- Keeping notice boards tidy and up to date and adding anything of interest or importance to staff.
- Booking in patients, admitting & discharging
- General scanning/uploading to electronic health records including patient blood results,
correspondence, discharge summaries, leave forms, prescription charts etc.
- Sorting mail
- Making sure all nursing documentation and clinical items are adequately stocked and
photocopy/order as required.
- Building & Updating Cinapsis on call rota
- Recording incidents on Safeguard as required.
• Recording or correcting patient information and details of admissions, discharges on the Care Notes electronic health record, as appropriate.
- Accessing patient information via the trak system and reporting as necessary.
- Assist in the induction of new staff into electronic systems and processes on the ward.
Please see attaché job description for full details.
This job description is not restrictive or definitive in any way and should be regarded only as a guideline to the duties required and may be amended in the light of changing circumstances following consultation with the post holder. The job description does not form part of the Contract of Employment.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Good written & verbal skills
- Good organisational skills
- Good knowledge of computer & internet
- Competent in using Microsoft office packages
- Good communication skills
- Good typing skills
- Ability to liase with all professions and levels in a confident manner
- Good level of general education
- Numeracy & literacy skills
- Hard working
- Ability to work well in a high pressure environment
- Ability to prioritise own work
- Excellent telephone manner
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to uphold safeguarding
- Ability to work well in a team
- Ability to maintain safeguarding
- NHS Knowledge
- NHS Experience
- Admin and clerical experience
- Knowledge and understanding of NHS
- Understanding of confidentiality & safeguarding laws
- Understanding of the Data protection act
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (Amendment) (England and Wales) Order 2020 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Grace Roche
- Job title
- Deputy General Manager USC
- Email address