PGME Receptionist/Administrator Band 2
- Post Graduate Education
- Band 2
- Part time - 24 hours per week
- £18,546 - £19,918 PA/PR
- 05/12/2021 23:59
Join us at an exciting time for Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust! We have recently been awarded an improved CQC rating of Good and are proud of what we’ve achieved. We have an ambitious plan for our journey to Outstanding and are looking for aspirational, committed individuals to join us, making a real difference to both staff and patients.
As a former winner of England for excellence award: Tourism destination of the year, the beautiful city of Gloucester and the scenic regency spa town of Cheltenham are fantastic places to work and live.
As a hospital Trust we are currently involved in over 100 clinical trials and studies, whilst also providing acute elective and specialist services to a population of over 620,000.
By joining Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust new colleagues can look forward to a warm welcome and a future full of opportunities and support.
Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust (GHNHSFT) is seeking to recruit a Receptionist/Administrator to work within Redwood Education Centre at Gloucestershire Royal Hospital Gloucester, and Sandford Education Centre at Cheltenham General Hospital. The post holder will work within the reception area at both Education Centres, and will support and cooperate with other members of the team to provide a professional service to all users/ visitors to the Education Centres.
The post holder will assist with the organisation of educational events and activities within the Education Centres and support administrative processes, taking on additional tasks as requested to support the smooth and efficient running of the department and facilities.
Main duties of the job
The focus of this post is to provide a professional, efficient and kind welcome to all those visiting and working within the Education Centre, whilst providing thorough, efficient and comprehensive administrative support to all those internal and external users of the Education Centres at GHNHSFT. The new Post-Holder will be well organised, calm, listen well, and be capable of achieving results with the minimum use of time. An excellent telephone manner is essential and basic computer skills are a must.
Working for our organisation
The Post-Holder will join our current team of 4 Receptionist/Administrators in becoming part of our wider Post-Graduate Medical Education Team. We offer a friendly and supportive working environment with opportunities for further training and personal development
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
To assist with reception and administrative duties in order to deliver a professional service to all staff and visitors to the education centre
2.To be professional and courteous at all times, being welcoming and friendly
3.To maintain a high standard of customer care to all visitors of the Education Centre and to be able to work in demanding situations and deal with confrontation in a professional manner
4.To undertake all reception duties, telephone and general enquiries in a prompt, efficient and courteous manner. Dealing with messages and queries accurately, efficiently and effectively.
5.Responsible for maintaining and co-ordinating an electronic room bookings system (BookWise) and using own initiative to prioritise booking request and to ensure optimal use of all rooms
6.Collecting feedback data from Postgraduate courses and summarise using the trusts specialised Evaluator Software
- Using the trusts purchasing system, P2P, to order equipment and essentials for the education centres
- Dealing with audio-visual problems as they arise; escalating any unresolvable issues to the Audio-Visual technician or management following induction from AV Technician/ Reception Supervisor
- Liaise with contractors regarding ordering and invoicing of hospitality.
- To ensure the security of the building and content at times, being responsible for opening and/or closing the centre using the alarm system as directed.
- Maintain a safe and clean reception area and monitoring the services we provide and taking action as appropriate i.e. checking all rooms regularly, reporting any maintenance or cleaning issues to the relevant services
- Responsible for maintaining adequate levels of stock and re-ordering appropriately, taking delivery and maintaining stock supplies
- To undertake duties requested by the Facilities Manager or deputy as required for the day to day running of the service
- You may be required to provide occasional cover or out of hours cover for the wider team in cases of holiday and sickness
- Maintain continuity among work colleagues by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs
- Maintain security by following procedures
- To be a named Fire Warden for Redwood Education Centre whilst actively participating in Fire Warden Training/Exercises
- Educated to GCSE standard (or equivalent) with grade C or above in English
- NVQ level 2 in Customer Service or Business Administration or have equivalent knowledge or experience
- Appropriate experience working on a public reception
- Keyboard skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to adapt to different situations
- Self-motivated – ability to work with minimal supervision ability to determine own workload priorities
- Ability to work alone as well as part of a team; using own initiative
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Excellent administration skills
- Ability to work flexible hours and to potentially be available to work outside of office hours.
- Must be able to respond to changing demands in the service
- To participate in the Trust Appraisal Review
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Tim Pittaway
- Job title
- Reception Supervisor
- Email address
- Telephone number
- 0300 422 4940
- Additional information
Alternate contact telephone number:
0300 422 6085