Pre-Reg Nursing Students / Newly Registered Nurse (NRN) - Band 5
- General Acute
- Band 5
- Full time - 37.5 hours per week (Full and Part Time)
- Gloucester / Cheltenham
- Gloucester / Cheltenham
- £27,055 - £32,934 pa pro rata (upon reciept of NMC pin)
- 02/03/2023 23:59
Join us at an exciting time for Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust! We have an ambitious plan for our journey to Outstanding and are looking for aspirational, committed individuals to join us, making a real difference to both staff and patients.
As a former winner of England for excellence award: Tourism destination of the year, the beautiful city of Gloucester and the scenic regency spa town of Cheltenham are fantastic places to work and live.
As a hospital Trust we are currently involved in over 100 clinical trials and studies, whilst also providing acute elective and specialist services to a population of over 620,000.
By joining Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust new colleagues can look forward to a warm welcome and a future full of opportunities and support.
Are you Pre-Registration Nursing student due to qualify in the next 12 months?
If so we would absolutely encourage you to apply to join our outstanding teams as a newly qualified nurse here at Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust.
The success and excellent reputation of GHFT is due to the commitment and dedication of our staff, many of whom are world leaders in the fields of healthcare, teaching and research, and we aim to recruit and retain the best staff possible.
Watch some of our inspiring Nursing teams talk about what the Trust has to offer at Gloucestershire Hospitals Nursing Careers!
Please note, we will be holding a Nursing, Midwifery and ODP Open Day on Saturday 4th March 2023, 9-12 at Gloucester Royal Hospital. We look forward to meeting you!
Main duties of the job
A Newly Qualified Nurse who delivers compassionate, professional, skilled and effective person centred, evidence based nursing care by working within a multidisciplinary team, developing collaborative, needs based care plans through assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation.
We are accepting applications to work in a variety of outstanding clinical areas at Gloucestershire Royal Hospital or Cheltenham General Hospital. There are vacancies across the following clinical areas:
- Acute Care & Emergency Departments (inc. rotational opportunities)
- Cardiology, Respiratory, Gastroenterology, and Renal Wards
- Care of the Elderly Ward (attracts a 7% enhancement, see info below)
- Stroke & Neurology Units (attracts a 7% enhancement, see info below)
- General and Specialist Surgical Wards
- Trauma & Orthopaedic Wards
- Theatres & Recovery (inc. opportunities to rotate between teams)
- Intensive Care Units
- …and many other areas!
Working for our organisation
We want to show how much we value you as you make the exciting transition from student to Newly Qualified Nurse. Our support to you will include:-
The choice to start prior to your PIN on your allocated ward at Band 4 (£23,949 - £26,282).
You will participate in an informative, interactive and engaging 9 month preceptorship programme, with the option of taking this at Masters Level.
You will receive a local induction and retain supernumerary status for a minimum of 2 weeks in your assigned clinical area
You will have an assigned preceptor/mentor
You will receive support from our team of Professional Education Practitioners
You will have support planning your CPD pathway
You will become an active member of the GSQIA (Gloucestershire Safety and Quality Improvement Academy)
You will have the additional input from GlosStars : our very own newly qualified network supporting NQN’s with your transition and career development
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
In line with the Trust Vision to provide the Best Care for Everyone
- conduct oneself in a professional manner and be a role model
- act with professionalism and integrity, and work within agreed professional, ethical and legal frameworks and processes to maintain and improve standards;
Communication and interpersonal skills
- work in partnership with other health and social care professionals and agencies, service users, carers and families ensuring that decisions about care are shared
Nursing practice and decision making
- assess, plan, deliver and evaluate the nursing care of patients in accordance with UK law, the NMC code of conduct and the Trust values
- deliver high quality essential care to all persons in their care;
- deliver complex care to service users in their field of practice;
- act to protect the public, and be responsible and accountable for safe, person-centred, evidence-based nursing practice;
- practice in a compassionate, respectful way, maintaining dignity and wellbeing and communicating effectively;
- act on their understanding of how peoples lifestyles, environments and where care is delivered influence their health and wellbeing;
- seek out every opportunity to promote health and prevent illness;
Leadership, management and team working
- work effectively as a member of the multidisciplinary team
- manage a patient/caseload of patients within defined clinical area
- use leadership skills to supervise and manage others and contribute to planning, designing, delivering and improving future services
- To organise own time and that of non-registered staff, students and other learners as appropriate
- To support the senior members of staff in the management and supervision of the defined clinical area
- Actively contribute to a good learning environment by taking on the role of mentor/assessor for learners.
- Has or is working towards NMC registration (RNA or RN)
- Clear communication and knowledge of role
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (Amendment) (England and Wales) Order 2020 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Fran Wilson
- Job title
- Lead Nurse for Recruitment
- Email address