Dietetic Post - Band 7
- Nutrition & Dietetics
- Band 7
- Full time - 37.5 hours per week
- Gloucester, Cheltenham
- £40,057 - £45,839 PA
- 26/12/2021 23:59
Join us at an exciting time for Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust! We have recently been awarded an improved CQC rating of Good and are proud of what we’ve achieved. We have an ambitious plan for our journey to Outstanding and are looking for aspirational, committed individuals to join us, making a real difference to both staff and patients.
As a former winner of England for excellence award: Tourism destination of the year, the beautiful city of Gloucester and the scenic regency spa town of Cheltenham are fantastic places to work and live.
As a hospital Trust we are currently involved in over 100 clinical trials and studies, whilst also providing acute elective and specialist services to a population of over 620,000.
By joining Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust new colleagues can look forward to a warm welcome and a future full of opportunities and support.
- WTE Band 7 Nutritional Support Team (NST) Dietetic Advanced Practitioner & Joint Team Lead in Acute Services Permanent
Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Trust. We are looking for an enthusiastic, proactive highly experienced Dietitian in parental nutrition and ideally with experience working within a Nutritional Support Team (NST) whilst also leading part of the acute team in conjunction with the Lead Critical Care Team Lead at GRH.
Qualifications in Leadership and or demonstrated leadership experience and parental nutrition is essential. The role would involve inpatient/outpatient and MDT working with the lead NST dietitian Lead Consultant, Specialist Nurse, Pharmacist and Consultant in Chemical Pathology. The role is based at Gloucestershire Royal Hospital but will require a presence at Cheltenham General Hospital. You will also be part of National and Regional Networking Societies.
Main duties of the job
The successful applicant will have a complex and challenging caseload requiring excellent interpersonal skills including observation, active listening and excellent verbal communication skills. You will need to work as part of a team and liaise with professionals at all levels, be able to prioritise your workload, be flexible and assertive.
You will be leading a busy, friendly growing team of dietitians and dietetic support workers in conjunction with the Team Lead of Critical Care. You will have proven leadership experience including managing a team and can demonstrate previous service development and development of protocols and procedures
Working for our organisation
We are a large friendly department based on 2 sites; Cheltenham General Hospital (CGH) & Gloucestershire Royal Hospital (GRH).
Within the department at GRH we have a team of Renal Dietitians, Paediatric Dietitians plus a separately funded Home Enteral Feed Team (HEFT). At CGH we have a team of Oncology Dietitians plus the Acute team. We also have a Nutrition Team, a Specialist Gastroenterology Team and Specialist Diabetes dietitians working on both hospital sites.
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
You will be assessing, delivering, planning and monitoring high quality nutritional care to patients under the care of the nutritional support team (NST) AND Jointly leading acute services at GRH.
You will be actively involved in the supervision, education and development of designated Band 5 and 6 staff and also contribute to the training of A, B & C placement students each year.
We welcome any potential applicants to contact prior to application for more details on the above role
- Degree/Diploma in Dietetics
- Registered with HCPC
- Attendance on relevant accredited courses
- Training and /or demonstrated experience in Leadership and Development
- Experience of working within the NHS
- Car owner/driver
- Demonstrate specialist clinical knowledge in Critical Care
- Demonstrate specialist clinical knowledge in Parental Nutrition
- Demonstrate knowledge/experience of service development identify development needs/ gaps for service provision
- Develop and deliver training materials to a variety of audiences
- Demonstrate a willingness to be flexible
- Experience of effectively maintain working relationship within a team
- Prioritise workloads
- Implement evidence- based practice.
- Experience of Leading and managing staff
- Be responsible for clinical supervision of junior staff and students
- Excellent interpersonal skills including observation, listening, caring and empathy skills and can relate well to staff and patients.
- Evidence of excellent verbal and written communication skills including active listening skills.
- Ability to assess individuals with complex medical problems and to plan their dietetic care
- Ability to make decision regarding change of practice based on clinical evidence and to disseminate same to other health professionals.
- Able to implement research evidence based practice and apply to practice for continuous service improvement
- Ability to problem solve.
- To demonstrate Trust required behaviours in working towards Individual, Department, Divisional and Trust Objectives/Goals.
- Ability to deliver education sessions to patients, colleague and healthcare staff
- Prioritisation, planning and organisational and time management skills with ability to meet deadlines
- The ability to manage change and conflict to ensure resolutions with positive outcomes.
- Evidence of Continued CPD, including evidence of reflective practice, service evaluation and utilisation of best practice.
- Excellent computer literacy skills: email, data input, internet, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel
- Ability to work outside normal working hours, including occasional evenings if the service requires
- Able to travel to other hospital sites and community locations.
- Can cope with working across sites in a busy and changing environment with ability to remain calm & in control during busy phases
- Willing to lead change
- Desire to deliver a high quality service.
- The ability to inspire, influence, persuade and negotiate.
- Ability to work independently, reliably and consistently with work agreed and managed at regular intervals
- Professional attitude to routine/non-routine tasks.
- Experience of handling difficult & sensitive situations well
- To maintain Professional appearance and behaviours in the workplace
- Post registration training e.g. Masters level in dietetics
- Member of the British Dietetic Association
- Demonstrate contribution to developing strategy and outcomes that have resulted in improvements
- Experience in implementing clinical governance
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (Amendment) (England and Wales) Order 2020 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- June Beharry
- Job title
- Joint Service Lead Nutrition and Dietetics
- Email address
- Telephone number
- 0300 422 8686
- Additional information
Robert Cronin Joint Acute Team Lead and Lead Critical Care Dietitian 0300 422 5506
Sarah Price Team Lead NST and CGH Acute Services 0300 422 3839
Margaret Collins - email@example.com